News & Articles
Easy moves, fun workouts, and flattering fitness fashion to help you learn to love exercise.
- This 10-Minute Dance Workout Is Our New Favorite Kind of Cardio
- 3 Stretches That’ll Help You Wake Up in the Morning
- 3 Easy Stretches That Will Relax You Before Bed
- What Exactly Is CrossFit—and Is It Actually Good for You?CrossFit is like period sex. And not because they both have some serious—though admittedly different—health benefits. Rather, people typically fall into an “I love it” or “I hate it” camp for each. Devotees of the “sport of functional fitness” (as CrossFit is known) claim it’s the best and fastest route ... read more
- I Tried an Xtend Barre Class (on Camera!)—Here’s What the Workout Is Really Like
Get a healthier and happier family with these easy recipes and expert advice.
- Parents Need to Beware Scary ‘Fake’ Car Seat Trend, Hospital WarnsSt. Luke's Children's Hospital in Idaho is warning parents about a disturbing new trend: fake car seats. They note that some car seats being sold online under name brands are actually knock-offs. Car seat technicians spoke with local news station KTVB to show how the knock-offs compare to the real ... read more
- A Perfect Heart Shape Showed Up on This Girl’s X-RayIt's easy to misplace your jewelry, whether it's in a knot on your dresser or somewhere at the bottom of your handbag. Next time one of your sparklers goes missing, though, perhaps turn to your toddlers. A 3-year-old girl was brought to the emergency room after, well, snacking on a ... read more
- After 3 Babies Died, Police Are Warning Parents About the Dangers of Co-SleepingWe get it, new mamas want to spend every second with their little ones. But when it's time for bed, you have to give your baby space to keep her safe. A Florida police department is warning parents about the dangers of co-sleeping, or sleeping in the same bed as your baby, after ... read more
- Ex-KFC Employee Awarded More Than $1.5 Million in Breastfeeding Discrimination CaseBalancing work and breastfeeding isn't without its challenges, but finding a private non-bathroom space to pump shouldn't be one of them. Nursing moms have a legal right to breastfeeding breaks, and if their employers don't comply, they can (and do) take them to court. This was the case for Autumn ... read more
- Mom Wonders If She’s ‘Terrible’ for Refusing to Donate Breast Milk to an Anti-Vaccine Mom
Diet and exercise plan are important, but your mood and mind play a big part in a complete healthy you. Here you’ll find tips for beating stress, natural remedies for everything from headaches to depression to cramps and mood-boosters.
- Fitness Model Michelle Lewin Attacked and Bitten by Wild Pigs in BahamasVenezuelan model Michelle Lewin was enjoying a tropical bikini-clad photo session on the islands of the Bahamas when things went from fun in the sun to beach nightmare. The 32-year-old fitness influencer was visiting Big Major Cay island in Exuma, which is an uninhabited area known for its feral pig and piglet ... read more
- Sorting Through a Lost Loved One’s Belongings Is Never Easy—Here’s What You Need to DoMy basement is full of stuff that once belonged to my dad. But getting rid of things he loved almost feels like a betrayal. Is there any way to make it less painful? Sifting through a deceased parent’s belongings can be one of the most emotionally daunting tasks. Your dad’s ... read more
- What Does It Really Mean to Be Happy? 5 Experts ExplainWhen you go to your “happy place,” you might picture yourself relaxing on a beach in Bali, fitting back into a pair of favorite old jeans, or landing that promotion you’ve been gunning for. But here’s the thing: Elation, achievement, and success aren’t the same as the warm and fuzzy ... read more
- Gretchen Rubin’s Daily Tricks for Staying HappyWhat inspired you to write about the power of decluttering? Your space reflects you. It projects your identity to the world. If you look around and everything you own is useful or beloved, you may feel more integrated with yourself. Any advice for getting started? Adopt the one-minute rule. Anything ... read more
- This Powerful Video Proves That People With Down Syndrome Can Achieve Their DreamsPeople with Down syndrome have to deal with a lot of misconceptions about what they can and can't do. Down is a genetic condition that causes developmental delays and intellectual disability, and conventional wisdom has it that those afflicted by it can't succeed at complex tasks, form lasting relationships, do well in sports, or ... read more
Budget meals, easy nutrition tips and advice on keeping your family happy and healthy.
- Courthouse Closes After Lawyer Walks in Swarming with Bed Bugs: ‘I Don’t Even Think He Cared’While there are lawyers who have come to the defense of bed bug infestations victims, it’s not every day that a lawyer becomes the source of the parasitic infestation. On Monday, the Rogers County Courthouse in Oklahoma was evacuated after an attorney arrived with an “abundance” of bed bugs crawling on ... read more
- This Is Marie Kondo’s Favorite Food Storage ContainerMaybe you haven't jumped aboard the Marie Kondo home organization movement. The idea of cleaning the pantry or tossing out all yours 90s concert tees doesn't appeal to you right now. Finally emptying out the garage? No thanks. Or perhaps you've watched an episode or two of the organizational guru's ... read more
- I Tried Marie Condo’s Tidying Up Method—and It Had a Serious Impact on My HappinessCan decluttering your home really change your life? That's the promise behind the international best-seller The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up ($17, amazon.com) by Japanese "organizational consultant" Marie Kondo. I first heard about this little book from my friend Amanda, a personal organizer here in New York City, but since then ... read more
- The Fleece Blanket You Need This Winter Has Thousands of Five-Star Reviews on AmazonThe Sherpa fleece throw has 4,000 rave reviews, and it’s the comfiest blanket I’ve ever had. As someone who’s obsessed with buying cozy items—especially during New York’s freezing winters—it’s no surprise that I had already heard about Bedsure’s Reversible Sherpa Blanket months ago. The plush fleece blanket ($26; amazon.com) has ... read more
- The Best Sheets to Keep You Cool All Night Long