News & Articles
Easy moves, fun workouts, and flattering fitness fashion to help you learn to love exercise.
- Does Makeup Belong in the Gym? 6 Instagram Stars Share Their Thoughts
- This Mom Got Flack for Working Out at Target—So She Exercised at Walmart and Whole Foods, Too[brightcove:5461514884001 default] When Sia Cooper, blogger for the website diaryofafitmommy.com, posted a video of herself crushing squats and lunges while pushing her daughter in a shopping cart at Target, she didn't expect it to go viral. After all, what's wrong with strengthening your lower body while you run errands? But after one ... read more
- We Tried It: A Seriously Intense Workout with Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer LopezThis article originally appeared on People.com. What Is It: TruFusion’s 60-minute “Tru Barefoot Bootcamp” tests your mobility, endurance and resilience through a combination of yoga, Pilates, kettle bells and other movement drills in a room that reaches a heat index of 120 degrees. Who Tried It: Melody Chiu, PEOPLE Staff ... read more
- What Kayla Itsines, the Tone It Up Girls, and Other Fitness Stars Do When They’re Not at the Gym
- Why You Probably Shouldn’t Worry About Exercising Yourself to Death[brightcove:5614627761001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. Is there such a thing as too much exercise? A new study, published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings, suggests that there is. Fitness diehards may have a higher-than-average risk of coronary artery calcification (CAC): a buildup of calcium in the artery ... read more
Get a healthier and happier family with these easy recipes and expert advice.
- One Year After Teen Dies From Brain-Eating Amoeba, Father Sues Water ParkLast June, 18-year-old Lauren Seitz, a 2016 high-school graduate from Ohio with plans to head to college that fall, went on a church-sponsored rafting trip at a water park in North Carolina. Eleven days later, she died, a victim of a rare infection caused by brain-eating amoeba—which was later found to be present ... read more
- Barbie Launches 15 New Diverse Ken Dolls With New Skin Tones, Body Types, Hair Colors and MoreThis article originally appeared on People.com. Last year, the iconic Barbie doll got a much-needed body positive makeover as part of the parent company Mattel’s #TheDollEvolves campaign. That’s when the to brand rolled out an array of diverse Barbie dolls available in be available in tall, curvy and petite sizes, as well as ... read more
- Analysis Finds Lead in 20% of Baby Food Samples
- Dad Saves Son, 2, from ‘Dry Drowning’ After Reading About 4-Year-Old’s Tragic Death: ‘Their Little Boy Saved Our Little Boy’s Life’This article originally appeared on People.com. The tragic story of 4-year-old Frankie Delgado, who died of suspected “dry drowning” a week after going swimming, has saved the life of another boy who was suffering the same symptoms. Garon Vega rushed his son Gio, 2, to the hospital in Colorado after ... read more
- 4-Year-Old Boy Dies of ‘Dry Drowning’ Almost a Week After Swimming TripThis article originally appeared on People.com. A four-year-old boy from Houston, Texas has died of “dry drowning” almost a week after he last went swimming. Francisco Delgado Jr. told ABC 13 his family went swimming at the Texas City Dike with his son Frankie, 4, on Memorial Day weekend. About ... read more
Diet and exercise plan are important, but your mood and mind play a big part in a complete healthy you. Here you’ll find tips for beating stress, natural remedies for everything from headaches to depression to cramps and mood-boosters.
- It’s True: Alcohol Helps You Speak a Foreign Language Better[brightcove:5476832773001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. Those who dabble in learning a new language sometimes find that alcohol — in moderation — helps them speak more fluently. In a way, that makes sense: It’s been shown that a beer or a glass of wine can lower inhibitions, which ... read more
- 5 of the Filthiest Places to Avoid on Airplanes[brightcove:5549388596001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. When it comes to flying, nothing about a close proximity to strangers and bathrooms for hours on end feels particularly clean. And while you may not be able to make the flight shorter or the seats bigger, you can make your experience ... read more
- 3 Strange Treatments Doctors Used to Think Were Good for You[brightcove:5592343939001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. The quest for a health is a natural human response to illness, but medical history provides plenty of reason to think twice before you try that miracle cure. Case in point: medieval doctors would press a sacrificed puppy, kitten, rabbit or lamb ... read more
- Las Vegas Victim, 27, Wakes from Coma and Takes First Steps After Being Shot in the Head
- Why It’s Time to Stop Casually Calling People ‘Schizophrenic’ and ‘Bipolar’[brightcove:5609716356001 default] There has been no shortage of insults during the first nine months of the Trump presidency—both those directed at members of the administration, and those dished out by the commander-in-chief and his staff. But one specific insult recently caught the attention of two psychiatrists, who blogged about it on ... read more
Budget meals, easy nutrition tips and advice on keeping your family happy and healthy.
- Here’s Why You Should Stop Bringing Your Phone Into the Bathroom[brightcove:2824573282001 default] Admit it: You’ve 100% scrolled through Instagram while sitting on the toilet. You might be reading this in a bathroom stall right now for all we know. But while messaging and chatting while you go might be convenient, it's also an efficient way to spread potentially serious germs—and make ... read more
- ‘Death Cleaning’ Is the Newest Way to Declutter. Here’s What to Know[brightcove:5350532823001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. My father, a meticulous organizer, has perfected the art of storage: nestling suitcases inside of suitcases, suspending old tables from the ceiling and filling every available nook with things we just might need again someday, but haven’t touched in years. As a ... read more
- ‘Mad Pooper’ Runner Terrorizing Family by Defecating on Their Sidewalk: ‘I’m Begging You, Please Stop’[brightcove:4802178622001 default] This article originally appeared on People.com. A Colorado Springs family is searching for a runner they nicknamed the “Mad Pooper” after she repeatedly defecated on the sidewalk in front of their house. Cathy Budde and her kids first saw her taking a bathroom break on their property about ... read more
- Your Towels Are Way Dirtier Than You Think[brightcove:5350532823001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. Dirty towels can carry a huge variety of microbes, and they’ve even been linked to spreading infectious disease. You can’t keep your towels 100% germ-free, experts say, but you can limit the grossest ones by washing your towels—only way more often than ... read more
- ‘Extremely Dangerous’ Hurricane Irma Could Hit Florida. Here’s What to Know[brightcove:5558207724001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. While Texas and Louisiana are still reeling from the effects of Hurricane Harvey, another heavy storm may be on its way to the United States: Hurricane Irma. The current path of Hurricane Irma goes across Antigua, the Virgin and Caribbean Islands before ... read more