News & Articles
Easy moves, fun workouts, and flattering fitness fashion to help you learn to love exercise.
- The Upper-Body Workout That Gives J.Lo Her Strong, Toned Arms[brightcove:4247120568001 default] When J.Lo gives us a peek into her workout routine, we pay attention. The famously fit star (can you believe she's 48?) always looks incredible, whether she's slaying the red carpet or fighting corruption as police officer Harlee Santos in her show Shades of Blue. Although genetics surely play a role in Lopez's insanely toned ... read more
- The Lower-Body Exercise Selena Gomez Swears By[brightcove:5327389483001 default] Want to steal Selena Gomez's leg-sculpting secret? Now you can: For strong stems, the 25-year-old star relies on toe circles, hot potato, pulses, and hydrants. "They tone small muscles and make legs lean," says her trainer, Amy Rosoff Davis, who suggests you start with 20 to 30 reps of each, ... read more
- This Viral Video Shows the Most Bizarre-Looking Leg Cramp We’ve Ever Seen[brightcove:5315457854001 default] A video of what is quite possibly the most painful-looking leg cramp ever has gone viral. The 50-second clip, posted Monday by Angel Bermudez on Facebook, has racked up 16 million views and more than 177,000 shares. "After the workout. Start to relax and then this happens. Painful yes it ... read more
- 5 Moves, 30 Minutes: Your Ultimate Kickboxing Workout[brightcove:5386569812001 default] This article originally appeared on DailyBurn.com. It’s time to give your cardio routine a kick in the you-know-what. Just like other cardio workouts, kickboxing offers all the benefits of a high-intensity routine, including better coordination, mobility and strength. You’ll not only knock your muscles into high gear, but you’ll squash ... read more
- For Some People, Too Much Protein Can Be Deadly—Here’s What You Need to Know About the Death of a Bodybuilding Mom[brightcove:5541810127001 default] An Australian woman has died after consuming large amounts of protein from food and dietary supplements, her family says. The mom of two had increased her protein intake while preparing for a bodybuilding competition, but doctors discovered too late that she had a rare disorder that prevented her ... read more
Get a healthier and happier family with these easy recipes and expert advice.
- One Year After Teen Dies From Brain-Eating Amoeba, Father Sues Water ParkLast June, 18-year-old Lauren Seitz, a 2016 high-school graduate from Ohio with plans to head to college that fall, went on a church-sponsored rafting trip at a water park in North Carolina. Eleven days later, she died, a victim of a rare infection caused by brain-eating amoeba—which was later found to be present ... read more
- Barbie Launches 15 New Diverse Ken Dolls With New Skin Tones, Body Types, Hair Colors and MoreThis article originally appeared on People.com. Last year, the iconic Barbie doll got a much-needed body positive makeover as part of the parent company Mattel’s #TheDollEvolves campaign. That’s when the to brand rolled out an array of diverse Barbie dolls available in be available in tall, curvy and petite sizes, as well as ... read more
- Analysis Finds Lead in 20% of Baby Food Samples
- Dad Saves Son, 2, from ‘Dry Drowning’ After Reading About 4-Year-Old’s Tragic Death: ‘Their Little Boy Saved Our Little Boy’s Life’This article originally appeared on People.com. The tragic story of 4-year-old Frankie Delgado, who died of suspected “dry drowning” a week after going swimming, has saved the life of another boy who was suffering the same symptoms. Garon Vega rushed his son Gio, 2, to the hospital in Colorado after ... read more
- 4-Year-Old Boy Dies of ‘Dry Drowning’ Almost a Week After Swimming TripThis article originally appeared on People.com. A four-year-old boy from Houston, Texas has died of “dry drowning” almost a week after he last went swimming. Francisco Delgado Jr. told ABC 13 his family went swimming at the Texas City Dike with his son Frankie, 4, on Memorial Day weekend. About ... read more
Diet and exercise plan are important, but your mood and mind play a big part in a complete healthy you. Here you’ll find tips for beating stress, natural remedies for everything from headaches to depression to cramps and mood-boosters.
- Why Do People Say Namaste at the End of Yoga Class?
- What You Need to Know About Swimmer’s Ear–Even If You Never Swim
- Why Sunlight Is So Good For You[brightcove:4928980315001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. Even Hippocrates believed that the changing seasons had something to do with health—and that the key was how much available daylight there was during different times of the year. Many centuries later, it’s clear he was onto something. As people spend more ... read more
- Here’s How to Take a Perfect Vacation[brightcove:5406267254001 default] This article originally appeared on Time.com. Taking time off from work or the daily grind not only helps people de-stress and feel happier, but it also helps productivity and mood—as long as you do it right. But the barrier to entry is high, since many Americans don’t even ... read more
- Artist Paints Her Stretch Marks to Empower Women: ‘Society Sees These Things As Flaws, but They Aren’t’[brightcove:5244729971001 default] This article originally appeared on People.com. Spanish artist Cinta Tort Cartró used to hate her stretch marks. Looking for a way to change how she sees them, Cartró decided to take something that people often see as ugly, and show how beautiful they can be. “One day I ... read more
Budget meals, easy nutrition tips and advice on keeping your family happy and healthy.
- 9 Must-Have Gadgets to Enable Your Expensive Avocado Toast AddictionThis article originally appeared on Money. You’ve probably heard about how Australian millionaire Tim Gurner labeled millennials as spendthrifts and said they’d never be able to buy homes because they’re blowing their money on little splurges like avocado toast. People were quick to point out the absurdity of the critique. ... read more
- This Is The Best Aroma Diffuser of All TimeThis article originally appeared on InStyle.com. If you’ve ever wanted to replicate the spa experience in your own home, an essential oil diffuser is your express ticket. Diffusers may be small in size, but their impact is large and immediate, especially when used in small spaces. [brightcove:5370089730001 default] Truth be ... read more
- These Are the Filthiest Places In Your KitchenThis article originally appeared on Time.com. You’re right to be wary of restaurants with less-than-perfect scores from the health department, but chances are good that your own kitchen is a hotbed of germs, too. New research from Drexel University shows that, if held to the same standards as commercial eateries, ... read more
- The Only Travel Mug You’ll Ever Need Brews Coffee and Keeps It Hot for Hours
- These Are the Bath Towels of Your DreamsThis article originally appeared on RealSimple.com. As an editor who writes about home design, one of the most common questions I get is: “Which bath towels should I buy?” It’s not surprising this purchase is a word-of-mouth kind of thing for lots of people because, honestly, when you’re browsing stacks ... read more