News & Articles
Easy moves, fun workouts, and flattering fitness fashion to help you learn to love exercise.
- 3 Basic Yoga Poses You’ve Been Doing Wrong—and How to Fix Your Form
- The Full-Body Strength Move That Helped Blake Lively Lose 61 Lbs. After Giving BirthThe blonde beauty recently revealed that heading back to the gym after giving birth to her second baby helped her shed 61 pounds. One move she relied on: the Single-Arm Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift. “With this movement, you’re balancing on one leg, causing your hip to have to stabilize, as well ... read more
- Here’s What You Should Do If You See a Bear—Whether You’re on the Trail or in Your BackyardThe following advice is excerpted from LOOK BIG: And Other Tips for Surviving Animal Encounters of All Kinds ($15, amazon.com). It’s awe inspiring, if terrifying, to see bears in the wild. It’s also rather jarring to watch them crawl up the carpeted stairs of a ski condo while a guy hiding in the ... read more
- These 4 Stability Ball Exercises from Jillian Michaels Will Strengthen Your Entire Body
- Desiree Linden Just Became the First American Woman to Win the Boston Marathon in Three DecadesThe drought is over for American women at the Boston Marathon. Desiree “Desi” Linden, 34, became the first American woman to win the women’s race since Lisa Larsen Weidenback did so in 1985 after pulling away from a competitive field and battling unusually cold, wet and windy conditions. The win ... read more
Get a healthier and happier family with these easy recipes and expert advice.
- Amal Clooney Reveals Ella’s and Alexander’s First Word—and Gets Candid About Nursing TwinsAmal Clooney is mastering motherhood – and her twins are starting to grasp their first words. The human rights lawyer, 40, gave Vogue a glimpse into her new life as a parent to twins Alexander and Ella – born in June 2017 – for the magazine’s May cover story. Amal, who speaks three languages, ... read more
- Kristen Bell Reveals the One Piece of Advice She Used When Giving Her Daughters the Sex Talk
- After Sandy Hook This Mom Started a Grassroots Movement Against Gun Violence That’s Spread to All 50 StatesThis story is part of Health’s #RealLifeStrong series, where we are celebrating women who represent strength, resilience, and grace. During a recent meeting with my youngest son’s college counselor, we got to talking about gun violence prevention. “There’s a great organization you should know about,” she told me. “It’s called Moms ... read more
- Father Opens Up About Life After 7-Year-Old Son Suffers ‘Shocking’ Stroke: ‘It Was Very Traumatic’Andrew Cromwell didn’t know what to think when his 7-year-old son Hudson came into the house crying and holding his arm after playing football with his brothers in October 2012. His confusion deepened when he fell over unconscious while trying to take off his shoes. The boy suffered a pediatric ... read more
- 19-Year-Old Brother Gets a Haircut to Match His Sister’s 10-Inch Scar from Brain Tumor SurgerySeventeen-year-old Alana McMullen suddenly started feeling ill after the holiday season. It would take several weeks before the Decatur, Mississippi, high schooler would find out that her mysterious symptoms, including vomiting and dizziness, were caused by something life-threatening. “I would fall, and I didn’t even know what could’ve caused that or ... read more
Diet and exercise plan are important, but your mood and mind play a big part in a complete healthy you. Here you’ll find tips for beating stress, natural remedies for everything from headaches to depression to cramps and mood-boosters.
- Whole30 Creator Melissa Hartwig Posted a Message About How Hard It Is to Make Time for Your Health—and Finally Someone Gets It“We all have the same 24 hours in a day,” the saying goes. Often tossed around by successful people, these words are supposed to motivate the rest of us to to make time for our goals and not put them off with the I'm-too-busy excuse. Thing is, we actually don't all have ... read more
- Victoria’s Secret Model Apologies for Promoting Unhealthy Eating While She Had Body DysmorphiaModel Bridget Malcolm has an apology for her followers. The Victoria’s Secret model used to advocate for “clean eating” and daily exercise on her blog, but Malcolm has since realized that she wasn’t eating nearly enough food and was overexercising, all because of her body dysmorphia. “I would like to ... read more
- The 1 Book You Should Read If You’re Struggling With Body AcceptanceFor all the artful presentation and obsessive documentation of food that's saturated Western media in recent years (especially since the dawn of Instagram), there's infinitely less ink and fewer pixels deployed to describe the act of eating it. There's the after, for certain, either in the almost fetishistically chronicled "wellness" ... read more
- People Are Posting Their Weight Online for an Inspiring ReasonJameela Jamil wants us to count our blessings, not our weight. To spread her message of size acceptance, she just launched an Instagram account, @i_weigh, where people are sharing their thoughts on self-love and absorbing Jamil's kick-ass take on why body shaming has to end. RELATED: 7 Inspiring Things Celebrities Have Said About Why They Don't Diet “For the past ... read more
- Stranger Things’ Shannon Purser Says She Has Been at ‘War’ with Her Body Since Age 11
Budget meals, easy nutrition tips and advice on keeping your family happy and healthy.
- The Amazon Echo and More Than 150 Products Are Going (Red) for an Amazing Cause[brightcove:5629945518001 default] This article originally appeared on InStyle.com. While you're making plans to hit up your favorite stores for Black Friday, you might as well make sure your coins are going to a good cause. Amazon is making it easier than ever to shop and give back at the same ... read more
- 10 Kate Spade Gifts for the Food Lover Who Appreciates the Finer Things[brightcove:5511409153001 default] This article originally appeared on FoodAndWine.com. Just as the world is gearing up for Christmas, Kate Spade has released the most extravagant, most glittery, over-the-top, but absolutely perfect holiday item: A cross body bag in the shape of a champagne bucket, complete with little cubes of ice. It ... read more
- The Kitchen Essential That Makes Everything Easier[brightcove:5511409153001 default] This article originally appeared on RealSimple.com. Of all the kitchen gadgets and gear I own, my mixing bowls are hands down the most valuable. Ditch the stand mixer, lose the jelly roll pan, but don’t take away my set of Williams Sonoma Melamine Pour Spout Mixing Bowls. They ... read more
- The Best Black Friday Deals for Your Kitchen[brightcove:5511409153001 default] This article originally appeared on FoodAndWine.com. You probably don't need a reminder to eat your fill this Thanksgiving, but remember just what you can use all that extra food-energy for. After a night of digesting, it's Black Friday, that shopping-saturated day that officially kicks off the American holiday ... read more
- NutriBullet Is Being Sued After 22 People Claim Injuries from the Blender[brightcove:5293547528001 default] This article originally appeared on People.com. At least 22 people have come forward suing NutriBullet for injuries related to using the high-speed blender. The users say the NutriBullet exploded off of the machine from the pressure inside the container, causing the spinning blade to lacerate people or the ... read more