News & Articles
Easy moves, fun workouts, and flattering fitness fashion to help you learn to love exercise.
- These ’10-Year Challenge’ Fitness Transformations Prove Everyone Starts SomewhereIf you love a transformation, then you hit the motherlode over the past few days. Thanks to the viral "10-year challenge" (sometimes referred to as the "How hard did aging hit you?" challenge-harsh), everyone's posting a 2019 photo alongside one from 10 years ago to their social media. Some are ... read more
- This Gym Is Under Fire for Sending Its Members a Horrifying Body-Shaming EmailTwitter is currently roasting Anytime Fitness for a promotional email the gym sent to its members, Yahoo Lifestyle reports. The email, which was sent from the gym's Manchester, Connecticut location, encouraged members to "be comfortable in your skin." The message, however, had the opposite effect on recipients—namely, former gym member Mora Reinka. ... read more
- Heat Stroke Vs. Heat Exhaustion—A Doctor Explains the DifferenceYour body is like a thermostat: It's constantly working to regulate your temperature, making sure you don't get too hot or too cold. It usually does a pretty good job of staying as close to 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit as possible (obviously way higher than the thermostat in your home), but ... read more
- This Is the Best Kind of Exercise, According to Jillian MichaelsExercise can be just as polarizing as diet, with one camp claiming steady-state cardio is best for weight loss, while others swear by intense intervals of, say, weight lifting. Thankfully our girl Jillian Michaels is here to clear things up for Crossfitters and power walkers alike. “The best kind of ... read more
- This 30-Day Arms Challenge Will Transform Your Upper Body In Just 4 WeeksTank-top season is on the horizon, and it’s time to get your arms ready for the big reveal. This workout will help strengthen and tone you from your shoulders down to your wrists, while upping your muscular endurance. What’s more, we’ve also snuck in a little bit of core and ... read more
Get a healthier and happier family with these easy recipes and expert advice.
- ‘Gender Reveal’ Goes Terribly Wrong When Air Cannon Injures Dad-to-Be’s GroinThat’s going to leave a mark! A soon-to-be grandmother videotaped expecting parents launching air cannons to reveal the sex of their child, but one air cannon hit the father-to-be in a less than desirable spot. The video, which was uploaded to YouTube hilariously titled “Gender Reveal May Be For Only ... read more
- Grandmother, 61, on Giving Birth to Gay Son’s Daughter: ‘I Didn’t Do This for Shock Factor’Matthew Eledge, 32, and Elliot Dougherty, 29, had always wanted children—and quickly began planning for their family after they wed in 2015. They knew it would be difficult to realize their dream of being parents as a same-sex couple in Omaha, Nebraska. But their loved ones were eager to help, ... read more
- Kayla Rae Reid Shows Off Post-Baby Body ‘Cellulite and Stretch Marks’ One Day After Giving BirthKayla Rae Reid isn’t shying away from showing the realities of a woman’s body right after childbirth. One day after delivering her second child with husband Ryan Lochte on Monday, daughter Liv Rae, the model showed off her postpartum figure on her Instagram Story and revealed that she had gained ... read more
- After Her Baby Stopped Breathing, Mom Warns Other Parents to Stick to Their InstinctsFirst-time mom Sarah Tams has a message for other moms after experiencing the scariest moments of her life. She knew something was wrong with her baby but was told to “relax.” And then her infant daughter stopped breathing and turned blue in front of her. Tam’s daughter Hannah is alive ... read more
- Family Thought They Took Brother Off Life Support—Only to See Him Walk Through the DoorA family in Chicago went through an emotional roller coaster recently when they pulled their brother off of life support, only to learn that he was, in fact, alive and the man who they made the medical decisions for was a stranger. Since the “sad” incident last month, Rosie Brooks ... read more
Diet and exercise plan are important, but your mood and mind play a big part in a complete healthy you. Here you’ll find tips for beating stress, natural remedies for everything from headaches to depression to cramps and mood-boosters.
- Influencer Mary Jelkovsky Explains Why Getting Rid of the Word ‘Too’ Helped Her Find Self-AcceptancePracticing self-love is important, but it doesn't always come easy. Body-positive influencer and motivational speaker Mary Jelkovsky knows this—and she took to Instagram to share how she learned to love herself by banishing one commonly used word from her vocabulary and social media. “I have a confession to make: when I first started sharing ... read more
- Long Island Pizzeria Owner, 56, Died in the Dominican Republic ‘After Drinking Something’A 56-year-old pizzeria owner from Glen Cove, New York, died in the Dominican Republic last week, his family says, marking the latest in a series of mysterious deaths of American tourists in the country. Vittorio Caruso’s relatives told News 12 Long Island that he died on June 17. According to ... read more
- Acupuncture Gone Wrong: This Woman’s Lung Collapsed During a Routine TreatmentA recent case report details the story of everyone’s worst post-acupuncture nightmare: a collapsed lung. It featured the story of a 79-year-old woman who, two days after having an acupuncture treatment, went to her general practitioner because of sharp pain in her right shoulder that she’d felt ever since the ... read more
- Secrets to Sitting on an Airplane For Your Most Comfortable Flight Ever
- Dominican Republic Health Official Claims Cynthia Day Died from the ‘Shock’ of Seeing Fiancé DeadAn official with the Dominican Republic Ministry of Public Health is adamantly claiming that there were no mysterious circumstances around the deaths of the Maryland couple who were found dead in their hotel room last month. On Wednesday, Ministry of Public Health spokesman Carlos Suero told Fox News that following ... read more
Budget meals, easy nutrition tips and advice on keeping your family happy and healthy.
- Courthouse Closes After Lawyer Walks in Swarming with Bed Bugs: ‘I Don’t Even Think He Cared’While there are lawyers who have come to the defense of bed bug infestations victims, it’s not every day that a lawyer becomes the source of the parasitic infestation. On Monday, the Rogers County Courthouse in Oklahoma was evacuated after an attorney arrived with an “abundance” of bed bugs crawling on ... read more
- This Is Marie Kondo’s Favorite Food Storage ContainerMaybe you haven't jumped aboard the Marie Kondo home organization movement. The idea of cleaning the pantry or tossing out all yours 90s concert tees doesn't appeal to you right now. Finally emptying out the garage? No thanks. Or perhaps you've watched an episode or two of the organizational guru's ... read more
- I Tried Marie Condo’s Tidying Up Method—and It Had a Serious Impact on My HappinessCan decluttering your home really change your life? That's the promise behind the international best-seller The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up ($17, amazon.com) by Japanese "organizational consultant" Marie Kondo. I first heard about this little book from my friend Amanda, a personal organizer here in New York City, but since then ... read more
- The Fleece Blanket You Need This Winter Has Thousands of Five-Star Reviews on AmazonThe Sherpa fleece throw has 4,000 rave reviews, and it’s the comfiest blanket I’ve ever had. As someone who’s obsessed with buying cozy items—especially during New York’s freezing winters—it’s no surprise that I had already heard about Bedsure’s Reversible Sherpa Blanket months ago. The plush fleece blanket ($26; amazon.com) has ... read more
- The Best Sheets to Keep You Cool All Night Long... read more